A few nice things happened this month. First, we ran out of songbooks for the first time at our 12/7 Sundaysong Singalong. Time to make more!
Then I got to play UT Night at the Trail of Lights and walk it for the first time (with my wife and 5 yr old girl). What a wonderful evening.
But the big news for me was all the help y’all gave me by taking my survey and helping me get unstuck on some strategy questions that were hanging me up.
Read the Survey Says! post to see how everyone responded. Here are the conclusions I gathered:
- Play outdoor shows and house concerts. Post them to YouTube.
- Focus on original material with a mix of covers thrown in, folk/rock, singalong, reggae, kids, and ambient.
- Keep shows simple most of the time – solo acoustic or with guitar player – but make sure and put on bigger band shows occasionally.
- I’m Jason Molin and I go by J. I should emphasize J and be findable both ways.
- I should use jmolin.com as a musician.
- I should use a mix of old and new funding models.
- Keep the music coming.
Thanks for keeping me focussed!