My superfriend Jenn took some great shots of me down by Waller Creek on the UT campus a few weeks ago. Here are my favorite of her favorites.
Maile, Anais and I went home to DC for Presidents’ Day Weekend. As you’ll see here, Anais and Casey made pancakes, played upstairs with the door closed, did backflips, rode the subway, played ball, and went to the Museum of Natural History and saw the giant squid, among other things.
I turned 40 last week on Wednesday. On Saturday my friends threw me a fantastic tribute of a party. Awesomeness:
- Maile, Libby, Sam, Patrick and others conspired to make many super, secret touches
- Patrick and Kelly flew in from Syracuse
- Kat flew in from San Diego
- Mom flew in from DC
- 40′ slip n slide (with nonstop kid use)
- retro jFro graphic, and on pins and coozies nonetheless!
- tribute covers and requests featuring
- Derek’s cover of Mystical Experience #115
- Lib’s singalong to What The Day Had To Say (and human music stand for I Have Arrived)
- P’s poem (from jremix)
- Jody’s cover of God Has Been Good To Me
- Chris’s guitar and All Blues
- Los on drums
- Mo’s cover of For Your Lover and requested J or Jesus and Molecule
- Tbone on fiddle
- and Aiden on keys and maracas
- Amy’s old pics of younger j, the Shiner crew, (not to mention the keg and assorted beer)
- so many friends!!!
My buddy Gray’s band, The Lodge On Regulus, played a few blocks from my place at the Whip In tonight and it was made a great scene by the cool vibes (Gray Parsons) and sax (Thomas van der Brook), drums (Donny Wynn) and bass (Tom Benton). I caught some nice audio on my recorder. Jody went with me, Derek met us there. This is why I moved to Austin.
Here is a sketch and song for Brigham, the 1.5 yr old grandson of my cousin Carolyn.
Brigham, Brigham, doin little num nums
Sweet little tum tum fingers and toes
Brigham Brigham, grippin with your thumb thumb
Cute patuti bum bum we love so
Briggsie, Briggsie, eat you like a figsie
You mommy and you daddy love you so bigsie
Briggsie Briggsie, you squeaky little pigsie
You’re jiggin we’re a diggin, oh we’re wiggin out
Briggles, Briggles, tickles and a wiggles
Blowin on your belly and kissin your hair
Wriggles and jiggles, give anything for giggles
Your laughter is a heaven and your breath is a prayer
Mommy and Daddy, Jaylyn and Teddy,
Love you so steady, simple and pure
Love you, love you, never enough of you
Sleep my little fiddle we’ll awaken to more
My little baby girl was born yesterday, right on time – the due date, Nov. 7th – at 10:35 AM, full-term and well-formed.