We had a fantastic trip out West to Marathon, Terlingua, Fort Davis, and Marfa. Here are a few of my favorite pics.
Maile asked me to write a song for Anais for Valentine’s Day this year and this is what I came up with, an ode to Anais’s powers of observation.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/117630913″ width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Be sure to watch till the end of the video, there’s a bit of bonus footage after the credits.
My superfriend Jenn took some great shots of me down by Waller Creek on the UT campus a few weeks ago. Here are my favorite of her favorites.
Maile, Anais and I went home to DC for Presidents’ Day Weekend. As you’ll see here, Anais and Casey made pancakes, played upstairs with the door closed, did backflips, rode the subway, played ball, and went to the Museum of Natural History and saw the giant squid, among other things.
I turned 40 last week on Wednesday. On Saturday my friends threw me a fantastic tribute of a party. Awesomeness:
- Maile, Libby, Sam, Patrick and others conspired to make many super, secret touches
- Patrick and Kelly flew in from Syracuse
- Kat flew in from San Diego
- Mom flew in from DC
- 40′ slip n slide (with nonstop kid use)
- retro jFro graphic, and on pins and coozies nonetheless!
- tribute covers and requests featuring
- Derek’s cover of Mystical Experience #115
- Lib’s singalong to What The Day Had To Say (and human music stand for I Have Arrived)
- P’s poem (from jremix)
- Jody’s cover of God Has Been Good To Me
- Chris’s guitar and All Blues
- Los on drums
- Mo’s cover of For Your Lover and requested J or Jesus and Molecule
- Tbone on fiddle
- and Aiden on keys and maracas
- Amy’s old pics of younger j, the Shiner crew, (not to mention the keg and assorted beer)
- so many friends!!!